Model Yachts activities
Oops, not much activity here but we have been sailing from May, apart from the Covid-19 lockdowns.
Great news about the DragonForce 65 fleet. The model yacht was shown at this year’s AGM, with an interest from four people and has grown to eight enthusiastic skippers and may be more models joining after Christmas.
Current series results: –
2018 IOM Kingfisher Trophy
All the past results are here
The last event in 2018 was the Kingfisher Trophy, which was won by Ron K. He drew with Chris H, but had significantly more wins than Chris.
Most of the group, find standing in the cold, not pleasant so we still meet to drink coffee and chat at a local cafe. Sailing will recommence on Tuesday, 5th February 2019.
The season’s greetings to all!
The IOM Autumn Series has finished (see results above). It was unfortunate that several days were lost due to either no or too much wind.
- The IOM Summer series final results have been published with Jerry C, Ron K and Chris H, being in the top three for Tuesdays and Lionel C, Chris H and Jerry C for Fridays.
- For the J Horner Trophy, sailed in the first week in September, Jerry C and Lionel C tied for first place with Jack R coming third.
- Sailing in the middle of the month had been curtailed by high winds and really lumpy ‘seas’.
- The Commemorative Trophy was sailed on the Tuesday only as on the Friday there was no wind so congrats to Ron K for his win.
- We’ve started the IOM Summer Series, which will run through to the end of August.
- At last we are sailing in May. John E and Jack R have shown sparkling performance recently and we welcome back Jerry C, so the competition at the front of the fleet is getting intense.