Club boats may be hired by members for their own or signed-in guests use only. Club events such as training courses, Youth Sessions or Open Days have first call on the Club boats and other users should check with the organiser of an event as to which boats will be available for general hire. These dates will normally be indicated on the club calendar.
Boat availability is on a first come, first served basis.
Boats available are:
Laser (Standard, Radial and 4.7 rigs) x3
Sport 14 x2
The club also has the following additional boats available for specific club training, events or by special request:
Race Topper x4
RS Feva (Training and XL Rigs) x3
Payment is £10/half-day session for each dinghy, except Sport 14’s and Fevas, which are £20/half-day session. Payment should be made by bank transfer to sort code: 30-98-97, account number: 33876668, account name: Reading Sailing Club with the reference ‘BH your initial and surname’.
Please ensure that all the parts are returned to where they were found so that the boat is complete for the next person.
Report any problems that need fixing in the maintenance book in the Red Shed, so that boats are kept in a ready to sail condition.
A Club boat may be reserved for a particular date and am/pm slot via the ‘book a slot’ option in the members portal.
The hire of club boats is dependent on the weather conditions on the day. Club boats are not able to be borrowed if the wind is too high (over 12 mph) or too gusty.
Steps to book a Club Boat
1. Log in to the members portal – go to the main club website, click through to the ‘members site’, click on the ‘portal’ option, click on the ‘login’ button to log in.
2. You can now book a club boat via the ‘Book a Slot’ option.
3. Choose the type of boat, date and am/pm slot you would like. The am session is anytime between 10am and 2pm. The pm session is anytime between 2pm and 6pm.
4. The system will show how many boats of your chosen type are still available for each session.
5. You can add extra boats of the same type to your booking by adding guests.
6. Click ‘Reserve activity’. Your club boat is now reserved.
7. If you would like to book 2 different types of boat you will need to make 2 different bookings.