Covid-19 Sailing Guidelines
Reading Sailing Club is
almost fully open to members for a range of on-water activities, using approved Guidelines issued by HMG and the RYA. All members and visitors to the Club are expected to comply with the social-distancing and sanitisation advice that govern normal life during the Covid-19 pandemic, and to recognise the constraints on access to some club facilities described below.
IN THE EVENT THAT A MEMBER OR VISITOR TESTS POSITIVE FOR THE DISEASE THEY ARE REQUESTED TO INFORM THE CLUB SECRETARY WITHOUT DELAY.2. WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Race at scheduled race times, with race officers and safety-boat cover
- Sail on Monday afternoons
with safety boat cover
- Take part in:
- Pink Sailing on scheduled days with safety-boat cover
- Model Yachting on scheduled days
- Buddy-sailing at all other times without safety boat cover
- Sailing any other kind of recreational craft (kayak, paddleboard, windsurfer, etc)
- Hire club boats for periods of one week or one month
- Access the Ski-shed for storage of kayaks, etc.
- Participate in Work Parties
- Volunteer to man safety boats
- Maintain your own boat at any time
- Use the toilets and washing facilities in the clubhouse
- Make use of the hand sanitisers and cleaning fluids available in the clubhouse foyer and the Red Shed
- All visits to the club must be registered using the appropriate booking form or site register
- If you are casually visiting the club, or bringing guests, or are simply doing some boat maintenance you do not need to book. But please scan the QR codes around the club on the NHS app when you arrive. Knowing you have been present at the club in whatever capacity is really important for our track and trace ability. Please make this a habit.
- There are no specific limits on overall numbers, but group sizes must not exceed
sixtwo people, and the membership of groups shouldmust not comprise more than two households
- Changing rooms and other areas of the clubhouse are not to be used, except for access to mobile radios and the first aid kit
- The Red Shed is only to be used by authorised members in order to access boats, tools, and equipment
- Members are welcome to bring their own food, but may not use the galley
- Government guidelines on social distancing must be followed to the letter, and you should be scrupulous about hand-washing.
- If you or a member of your household are showing symptoms of Covid-19, do not come to the club for any reason. Stay at home, get better, and adhere to government guidelines.
- Be self-sufficient during your time at the club: turn up in your sailing kit, bring all your gear with you, have a hand-sanitiser in your car, bring water and refreshments and a small first-aid kit, a bag to take home your rubbish, and when there is no safety boat cover ensure you have a buddy to sail with.
- Make sure you are comfortable with the weather conditions appropriate to your level of experience. Be aware of other sailors on the water, and be prepared to assist if they get into difficulties. We strongly advise everyone to fit a masthead float.
on behalf of Will Stevens