The sailing area of the lake is now (Saturday PM) clear of ice, and Sunday’s race will take place as planned.
There was still ice on the lake today Friday 27th. However there are no sub-zero temperatures forecast between now and Sunday so it is hoped that this will melt by Sunday morning.The lake will inspected towards the end of Saturday and reported here as to whether racing will be possible on Sunday. N
The lake is covered in thick ice (midday Sat) and there is no chance of it thawing before tomorrow morning, so tomorrow’s race is cancelled.
We are having a lunch on Saturday – much too cold for sailing! – at the Shoulder of Mutton pub at 1230. Please let Monica know if you'd like to come.
Sent from my iPad
The results for the New Years Day Cup race can be found here :-