Some club history
Off Shore Trips 1977 to 1986, Bill Davies
Club History, Brian Frost Jan 1995
Role of Honour, past commodores & helmsmen
Training and general photos, John Hardy 1st July 2006
Solo Open, Clive Evans 7th May 2006
A new clubhouse was built between 2003 and 2005.
At the 2001 Reading Sailing Club AGM it was announced that the
club had secured a 30 year lease to occupy the lake. This allowed
the committee to plan for the construction of a new clubhouse. Work
began in October 2003 and was completed in May 2005. The clubhouse
has both gents and Ladies changing facilities; clubroom with galley;
a decked area to watch activities on the water, a meeting room/club
office and under-floor heating! Although the building is raised
above the surrounding land disabled access is excellent.
The lake at Reading Sailing Club has changed drastically in
The once blanketing islands have been removed to leave a large
uninterrupted stretch of water suitable for dinghies with a PY greater
than 1000. Prevailing wind conditions give a good 1km beat and long
off-wind legs suitable for spinnaker boats such as the Merlin rocket
View of the lake from the new club house.
Section of lake to the left of the above photo.
End of the rowing strip bund. The sailing water is to the left of
this. The Isis ski club will use the right-hand lake.
Racing Cartoons, Bill Crooks October 2003